This is Part 2 of a 2 part interview with Marianne Cantwell, you can watch from here or if you’d like a bit of context then check out part 1 first.
Marianne is the best-selling author of the book ‘Be A Free Range Human’ which has been translated into 5 languages and has been in the top 2 most popular entrepreneurial titles on Amazon. She’s been featured in newspapers including the Guardian, Sunday Times, Daily Mail and business publications such as Business Week, Bloomberg and CBS Moneywatch. Appearing also regularly on radio shows and as an expert on national television programs. She’s a coach, an international speaker and last but not least, a full time world traveler who runs her entire business from her backpack.
In This Episode:
- Do you have to position yourself as ‘the expert’ or ‘authority’ in order to run a successful online business?
- How Marianne made the transition from running an offline/in-person business to making it totally online.
- A description of 2 of the best ways/models for creating a location independent business.
- Why Marianne creates a ‘Tribe’ rather than just a list of clients/customers?
- Memorable failures and what’s she’s learnt from them
- How to avoid burning out
- How successful delegation can free up your time
- How trusting people and having the right systems in place allowed Marianne to take a 3 month long holiday last year (with no email checking)
- How she still earns a regular income from content she created years ago (and how you could too)
- The importance of looking inwards, and figuring out what is unique and special about you rather than focusing on your competitors and what they are doing.
- The power of asking yourself the question: ‘What can’t I help doing?’
- What is 1 thing our listeners can do today that will have a massive positive effect on their lives?
- Which books or resources have changed/had a big impact on your life?
ReWork by Jason Fried and David Heinemeier Hansson
Connect With Marianne:
Want a Free Audiobook from Audible.com? Grab one here