Dave Cornthwaite is an adventurer, writer and filmmaker. He is best known for his Expedition1000 project, a plan to undertake 25 separate journeys of 1000 miles or more, each using a different form of non-motorised transport. He has written 3 books, spoken to audiences on 6 different continents and broken 9 Guinness world records including travelling the furthest distance by longboard after he skated 5823 km across Australia from Perth to Brisbane.
In This Episode:
- The power of approaching life with a ‘Say Yes More’ attitude
- What benefits Dave has seen in his life as a result of adopting a ‘Yes’ mentality
- Dave had a job, long term girlfriend and mortgage but he knew he was coasting through life, wasting his time and not fulfilling his full potential.
- How he deals with negativity and people saying that he can’t do something
- You learn more from failing than you ever do from succeeding
- The ways in which adventure refreshes Dave’s belief in humanity on a daily basis
- “Strangers are just friends waiting to happen”
- Watching the news makes you think the world is a terrible place because it focuses on everything wrong with the world, when traveling really restores one’s faith in humankind.
- We need to realise the power of the stories that we are sharing because they effect more people than we can imagine. Story telling can be used to create positive change in the world.
- Raising £1million for great causes
- Dave’s search for Love. Why he went on 100 dates in 100 days
- Knowing what things in life to say yes to and which things to say no to
- What does a fulfilled life mean to Dave?
- What is 1 thing our listeners can do today that will have a massive positive effect on their lives?
- Which books or resources have changed/had a big impact on your life?
Tom Allen and Leon Mccarron’s adventure in Iran
Date: The diary of one man’s ultimate dating challenge by Dave Cornthwaite
Life in the Slow Lane: a patient quest for adventure by Dave Cornthwaite
Connect with Dave:
Want a Free Audiobook from Audible.com? Grab one here