Marci Shimoff is a #1 New York Times bestselling author, a world-renowned transformational teacher and an expert on happiness, success and unconditional love. Her books include the bestsellers; ‘Love for No Reason’, ‘Happy for No Reason’ and 6 titles in the phenomenally successful ‘Chicken Soup for the Soul’ series. Her books have sold more than 15 million copies worldwide in 33 languages, have topped all of the major bestseller lists and have been on the New York Times bestseller list for a total of 118 weeks. Marci is one of the bestselling female nonfiction authors of all time. She is also the host of the national PBS television special called Happy for No Reason and is a featured teacher in the international film and book sensation, ‘The Secret’. Marci has inspired millions of people around the world and is dedicated to helping people live more empowered and joy-filled lives.
In This Episode:
- Most books on happiness tell you to find the things that make you happy and DO more of them. What are the limitations with this approach?
- What is our happiness set point?
- Marci describes a hugely transformational moment she had in June 1998.
- We hear how like happiness we also have a love set point.
- We learn why we sometimes self sabotage ourselves when things are going well.
- What are the main differences between our bodies stress response and our body’s love response?
- Marci guides us all through a practical exercise called the ‘Inner Ease Technique’ to illustrate the love response.
- “I believe that love is our essence and that our purpose in life is to remove the blocks to experiencing that truth of who we are”
- “You can think of…what we would call the most angry or hateful people in the world and the reality is they are just the least in touch with the truth of who they are”
- What are the main barriers in the way of people feeling love and happiness for no reason?
- “The average person has 60,000 thoughts a day and 80% of them are negative”
- Marci shares a really simple tip that when done will dramatically increase everyone’s happiness levels within a month.
- Within the first 4 months of writing ‘Love For No Reason’ three dear friends of Marci’s died, her husband and her separated and her mother also passed away. Marci describes her challenge of staying in a state of love even when her world was falling apart.
- What does a fulfilled life mean to Marci?
- What is 1 thing our listeners can do today that will have a massive positive effect on their lives?
- Marci shares an incredibly powerful story of what happened when she implemented that ‘1 thing’ in her own life.
- Which books or resources have changed/had a big impact on your life?
- “What I’ve seen is that the people who are happiest and most fulfilled are constant learners and they are always always open to new things”
Happy for No Reason: 7 Steps to Being Happy from the Inside Out by Marci Shimoff
The Biology of Belief: Unleashing the Power of Consciousness, Matter, & Miracles by Dr. Bruce H. Lipton
The Untethered Soul: The Journey Beyond Yourself by Michael A. Singer
A Return to Love: Reflections on the Principles of “A Course in Miracles“ by Marianne Williamson
Connect with Marci
Want a Free Audiobook from Audible.com? Grab one here