Graham is the author of multiple titles including the brand new ‘Magicians of the Gods’ and the major international bestsellers; ‘The Sign and The Seal’, ‘Heaven’s Mirror’ and ‘Fingerprints of the Gods’ which was described as ‘one of the intellectual landmarks of the decade’. His books have sold more than 5 million copies worldwide and have been translated into 27 languages. His public lectures, radio and TV appearances including two major TV series, ‘Quest For The Lost Civilisation’ and ‘Flooded Kingdoms of the Ice Age’ have put his ideas before audiences of tens of millions. He has become recognised as an unconventional thinker who raises controversial questions about topics such as humanity’s past, spirituality and psychedelics.
In This Episode:
- Graham describes how he proposed in 1995 that there had been a gigantic global cataclysm between 13,000 and 12,000 years ago that had caused the obliteration of an advanced civilisation that is only now remembered in myths and traditions.
- 20 years ago he could not be sure what caused this huge scale disaster. However in recent years there have been some brand new discoveries that shed light on this question.
- We find out how this new evidence massively reinforces the case of a lost civilisation.
- We discuss how his work proposes ideas for discussion and further consideration, he does not claim to be in possession of indisputable facts.
- “I am not saying that I am 100% right or even 50% right, I’m saying that here is an area that we need to explore, and here is what’s known about it right now…and it looks like it changes everything about how we view our past, let’s consider it, that’s all I’m saying, let’s consider this”
- Do you feel that the second we start holding onto facts and absolute truths that we become more closed minded?
- “The further back you go into the past the thinner the evidence becomes and the more like a fairy tale it becomes and that’s what I would say we’re looking at with mainstream history and archeology. Great work for the last 9,000 years but everything before that is pretty much a fairy tale”
- How important do you feel curiosity is, not just in your life but for everyone to adopt more of a childlike curiosity to the world around them?
- I ask him about his description of Hallucinogens as applying a lens to the brain to enable us to see more of reality than we can see with our everyday senses, like how a microscope or telescope allows us to see more of reality than we can with our everyday senses.
- I ask him why he believes that Consciousness is the greatest mystery of science and is one of the scientific mysteries that we most urgently need to solve.
- “We need to not be so addicted to our reference frames, we need to be open to contrary evidence and explore it and see where it leads us and see where it goes”
- When Graham has spoken to Shaman’s from the Amazon about the sickness of the West, their answer is quite simple: ‘we’ve severed our connection with spirit’. I ask him about this.
- We discuss the Amazonian brew Ayahuasca
- “The War on Drugs…is really a war on people and a war on consciousness”
- The use of psychedelics as incredible tools for the investigation of the mystery of consciousness and of the mystery of reality itself.
- We talk about the incredible healing qualities of Ayahuasca and how places such as Taki-Wasi clinic in Peru are using it with amazing success to help well over 50% of it’s patients give up heroin and cocaine addictions forever, without any withdrawal symptoms.
- Graham discusses his reasons why he feels all drugs should be legalised and how legalised drugs would in fact better protect children from the dangers of these substances.
‘Fingerprints of the Gods’ by Graham Hancock
‘Supernatural’ Meetings with the Ancient Teachers of Mankind by Graham Hancock
Connect with Graham:
Want a Free Audiobook from Audible.com? Grab one here