Mike Dilbeck is an award-winning filmmaker, speaker, trainer and social entrepreneur. He has helped raise millions of dollars for people living with HIV and AIDS and is the man behind the RESPONSE ABILITY The Revolution for Courageous Leadership which inspires and empowers people to not simply sit back and be a bystander but to instead demonstrate courage and stand up, step in, and speak out for what is right.
In This Episode:
- What exactly is Bystander Behaviour?
- What is it that stops us from stepping in and doing what we know is right?
- Mike explains why we feel shame and guilt when we give into our fears.
- Why are we more likely to ignore someone in need if we know there are other people around?
- Mike describes his mission and the driving force behind everything that he does?
- This information is really interesting but how does it actually effect us and our lives?
- “Just like fish don’t know that they swim in water, we don’t know that we swim in fear”
- Mike describes how every time we don’t intervene or stand up for something when we know we should, we shrink and get smaller inside.
- Mike discusses why vulnerability is such a good thing and shows power, not weakness.
- Why is it so important to ask yourself the question ‘Who Am I?…really?’
- We talk about empowering people so that they know that: they matter. I ask Mike how important the believe, that you mater, is to a persons’ well being.
- “Our shame tells us that we don’t matter”
- What does a fulfilled life mean to Mike?
- What is 1 thing all our listeners can do today that will have a massive positive effect on their lives?
- Which books or resources have changed/had a big impact on your life?
Brene Brown’s TED Talk presentation: The Power of Vulnerability
Connect With Mike:
Personal site: MikeDilbeck.com
Want a Free Audiobook from Audible.com? Grab one here