Whitney Johnson is an investor, speaker, author and leading thinker on driving innovation through personal Disruption. She is the author of two books, ‘Dare, Dream, Do: Remarkable Things Happen When You Dare to Dream’ and ‘Disrupt Yourself: Putting the Power of Disruptive Innovation to Work’. She has delivered keynote speeches on her ideas and vision to audiences of more than 25,000 and her work has received widespread recognition in sources such as: CNN, The BBC, Fast Company, The Guardian, Harvard Business Review and the Wall Street Journal amongst many others. She was named one of Fortune’s 55 Most Influential Women On Twitter and it is her mission is to help you to disrupt yourself and to build a remarkable and surprising future.
In This Episode:
- Whitney was working on Wall Street, she was a senior analyst for Latin America at Merrill Lynch, the top-ranked in her field but she decided to walk away from a 7 figure salary. I ask her why.
- We find out what ‘Disrupting Yourself’ means.
- “If it feels scary and lonely, you’re probably on the right track”
- Whitney explains what the the Innovator’s Dilemma is?
- For 70 percent of all successful new businesses, the strategy the founders initially pursued didn’t lead to the business’ success.
- “If you take a look at pretty much anybodies career, you’ll find that the really successful people, they have pivoted several times”.
- We find out what ‘Speed Dating Our Dreams’ means.
- One of Whitney’s dreams is ‘To help other people dream’. That’s so clear and concise. I ask her how other people can find that sort of clarity about their dreams?
- “If you show up to your dreams, your dreams in some form or fashion will show up to you”
- Whitney shares an inspiring story about Yunis Shriver making an incredible mark on the world.
- “The secret of change is to focus all of your energy on creating the new, not fighting the old” Socrates
- What does a fulfilled life mean to Whitney?
- What is 1 thing our listeners can do today that will have a massive positive effect on their lives?
- Which books or resources have changed/had a big impact on your life?
The Innovator’s Dilemma: The Revolutionary Book That Will Change the Way You Do business by Clayton M. Christensen
We: Understanding the Psychology of Romantic Love by Robert Johnson
Dare, Dream, Do: Remarkable Things Happen When You Dare to Dream by Whitney Johnson
Disrupt Yourself: Putting the Power of Disruptive Innovation to Work by Whitney Johnson
Connect with Whitney:
Whitney on Twitter
Want a Free Audiobook from Audible.com? Grab one here